Pakistan 190 for 5 (Shehzad 111*, Razzak 2-20) kick Bangladesh 140 for 7 (Shakib 38, Gul 3-30, Ajmal 2-20) by 50 runs
Scorecard and ball-by-ball details
- Ahmed Shehzad’s dominant 111 is a first hundred by a Pakistan batsman in T20Is. Shehzad had scored Pakistan’s prior tip too – an dominant 98 against Zimbabwe final year.
- Four of Pakistan’s top-five scores in a World T20 have now come opposite Bangladesh, with Umar Akmal’s 94 against Australia in an progressing joining compare being a usually non-Australia entrance in a tip five. Their previous highest opposite Bangladesh in a World T20 was 73 by both a openers – Kamran Akmal and Salman Butt -, also in a joining compare of a 2010 World T20.
- Shehzad reached his fourth T20I fifty in 30 balls, a fewest deliveries he has taken in T20Is to strike a fifty. His prior fastest fifty came in 32 balls, against New Zealand in 2010.
- Mashrafe Mortaza gave divided 63 runs from his 4 overs, that equalled a second highest runs conceded by a bowler in a T20I. Rubel Hossain had also conceded 63 runs against West Indies in a T20I in 2012. The indeterminate record for surrender the most runs in a T20I is hold by James Anderson and Sanath Jayasuriya, who gave divided 64 runs opposite Australia and Pakistan, respectively.
- Pakistan’s win by 50 runs in a compare equalled their eighth biggest win in terms of runs in T20 internationals. The 103-run win they achieved opposite New Zealand in Christchurch in 2010 is their biggest win in T20Is.
Ahmed Shehzad pummeled Pakistan’s initial ever T20 century, relocating his side to a 50-run win over Bangladesh and environment adult a practical quarterfinal opposite West Indies on Tuesday. Shehzad punished some typical bowling from Bangladesh’s seamers – he scored 87 off 39 balls opposite them – to safeguard Pakistan didn’t humour any long-term effects from a mid-innings dip, when they mislaid 3 wickets for 28 runs in 29 balls.
With Shahid Afridi tonking 22 off 9 balls late in a innings, Pakistan set Bangladesh 191 to win. Tamim Iqbal and Anamul Haque done a decent start, though Bangladesh’s innings disintegrated after both fell in a space of 9 balls to leave them 36 for 2 in a sixth over.
In a subsequent 34 balls, Bangladesh mislaid dual some-more wickets to a spinners and didn’t find a range even once. With 135 indispensable from 52, they weren’t going to get anywhere nearby a target, even if Shakib Al Hasan and Nasir Hossain gave a Shere Bangla National Stadium a handful of opportunities to practice their lungs. The competition had prolonged ended, and Australia’s players, watchful for their compare opposite India, watched on resignedly as their semi-final hopes solemnly evaporated.
This routine might have begun shortly after Shehzad started feasting on Bangladesh’s quicker bowlers. His process opposite them was to set himself adult early, relocating around his double only as a bowler entered his smoothness walk before anticipating a fast bottom by a time of release. He got into a integrate of outlandish positions – he missed a paddle off Al-Amin from approach outward off stump, and took a singular off a heading corner after walking median down a representation to Mashrafe Mortaza – though prospered when he set himself adult in a semi-open position with a tiny burst opposite a stumps. From there, he had room to hit a length round over midwicket or take an additional walk brazen and carve a round over additional cover.
Both these shots done an early coming as he took 3 fours and a 6 in Mashrafe’s second over and motored to 29 off 13. Pakistan were 34 for no detriment after 3 overs. Bangladesh immediately pulled things behind with spin. Shakib Al Hasan and Abdur Razzak conceded only 20 runs off a subsequent 4 overs, that also constructed a wicket of Kamran Akmal around a top-edged sweep.
Pakistan mislaid dual some-more wickets to spin – Mohammad Hafeez was beaten in moody by Razzak and was stumped while Umar Akmal top-edged a condense to behind point. At a 12-over mark, Pakistan were 88 for 3, with Shehzad on 56 and Shoaib Malik on 9 off 11. The 3 spinners, between them, had bowled 8 overs and picked adult 3 for 40.
But a reintroduction of join non-stop a floodgates. Ziaur Rahman’s was only a arrange of gait Shehzad favourite and a over went for 22, with Shehzad slicing dual fours behind indicate and shovelling dual sixes over midwicket. The 16th over, bowler by Mashrafe, constructed 16, including 5 wides and dual fours from Shehzad.
At a start of a 19th over, Mushfiqur had one some-more over from his categorical offspinner, Mahmudullah, and also had a choice of regulating Nasir Hossain. Instead, Mushfiqur brought behind Mashrafe, who had left for 39 in 3 overs. Cue a biggest over of a Pakistan innings. Shehzad pulled his initial round for 6 and was held in a low off a no-ball before Afridi assimilated in a fun with dual sixes in dual balls over additional cover.
A range off a final round from Shehzad took a sum for a over to 24. It took Pakistan to 180 with one over left. The spinners had kept Bangladesh in a match, compartment this point. Now, even before they had begun their innings, they were some-more or reduction out of it.
Article source: http://www.espncricinfo.com/world-t20/content/story/732677.html